Seat of Wisdom

by Kevin Birnbaum

Carved in marble in Pietrasanta, Italy, this statue of Mary under the title of “Seat of Wisdom” was shipped to the U.S. in 1936 and stood at St. Edward’s Seminary in Kenmore, Washington, until its closure in 1977. The statue was transferred to St. James Cathedral in Seattle in 1979.

Photo by Kevin Birnbaum.
Advertisements